You do not need to be a member of a club to participate in orienteering in Norfolk or at other East Anglian events, but joining Norfolk Orienteering Club brings many benefits. There are two basic membership levels:
Senior – aged 21 or older on 31 Dec of the membership year – £18.00
Junior – aged 20 or younger on 31 Dec of the membership year – £8.00
This annual membership fee also includes membership of the East Anglian Orienteering Association (EAOA) and British Orienteering. Membership and Renewals are administered by British Orienteering on our behalf. If you join after 1st November your membership will be valid for 14 months until the 31st December in the following calendar year.
JOIN NOW takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. Select NOR as your club the association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.
By joining, you become eligible for the club newsletter and Focus magazine, club coaching, continued participation in all club activities, reduced rate entry fees at many competitive events, and third-party liability insurance. See the full list of benefits detailed below.
We look forward to welcoming you as a NOR member.
When you join NOR, EAOA and British Orienteering you join a group of friendly individuals who enjoy being active outdoors; member benefits include:
- The Club newsletter e-mailed to you around six times a year
- Discounted entry to events in East Anglia (usually £2)
- Eligibility to compete for the club and in regional championships
- Eligibility to be selected to compete for regional squads (juniors)
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering (Non-members are only covered for three events)
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme (click here for a full list of discounts available)
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the championship classes at the British Championships, the JK and the Area Championships (Northern; Midlands and Southern) *
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
Eligibility to compete in the Harvester Relays *
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- The option to compete in a Rankings scheme.
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM and access to a members only section of the website